About the Journal
|doi 10.26089/NumMet.Journal||ISSN 1726-3522|
The founder and publisher of the journal is the Research Computing Center of Lomonosov Moscow State University (RCC MSU).
The journal is registered with the Federal Agency for Press and Mass Communications as a mass medium - a scientific electronic periodical (certificate of registration No. 77-4356, ISSN 1726-3522).
The journal is included in the Higher Attestation Commission (Russian Federation) List of leading peer-reviewed scientific journals and publications in which the main scientific results of dissertations for the degree of doctor of science and phD should be published.
Bibliographic information on published articles is placed in the scientific citation database of the RSCI.
Articles published in the journal are assigned doi (since 2015).
Aims & Scope
The journal publishes works in the following areas and scientific specialties:
- Methods and algorithms of computational mathematics and their applications for solving scientific and technical problems.
The publication should contain new results obtained in the field of methods and algorithms for solving problems of computational mathematics, mathematical modeling and computational experiments, test problems and research to determine the applicability of algorithms, parallel software implementation of problems of computational mathematics. Reviews of methods and software are published, containing recommendations for their application.
- Parallel software and technologies for solving problems of computational mathematics and its scientific and technical applications.
Articles related to numerical software targeted at supercomputers and parallel architecture computing systems.
Researches in the field of theory and technology of designing programs of computational mathematics and its scientific and technical applications, as well as their integration into software systems (development of taxonomy and classifications of problems and methods, disciplines and programming techniques, technological processes for compiling numerical programs for computers with parallel architecture, methods for conducting computational experiments, etc.).
The results of research on the development of tools for automating the design, operation and maintenance of numerical programs and software systems for computers of various architectures (development of problem-oriented languages, means of remote access and organization of interactive modes, data visualization, conversions of numerical programs and display of computational algorithms on computer architecture, means of verification and macro-generation of programs, macro-extensions of algorithmic languages, preprocessors and macro-processors, etc.) are accepted for publication.
Language of publications
Articles are accepted for publication in Russian and English.
Journal Numerical Methods and Programming strictly adheres to the international publication ethics standards set by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE: Committee on Publication Ethics, http://publicationethics.org).
Authors of publications voluntarily undertake to adhere to the following ethical standards:
- The authors are responsible for the accuracy of the research results, the content of the article and for the very fact of its publication.
- Authors should not submit to the journal materials for publications that are under consideration in another journal, as well as articles published in other journals. Authors should be aware that submitting the same article to different publications is a violation of publication ethics.
- The authors guarantee that they submit to the editorial board of the journal original articles, previously unpublished anywhere, free from plagiarism and scientific falsifications. If the authors use their own previously published results as a basis for the presented article, then they are obliged to indicate references to these results and specify what new results were obtained in comparison with the previous ones.
- Authors should refer to works that were important in the study, as well as acknowledge those who have made significant contributions to the work. Borrowed fragments or statements must be made with the obligatory indication of the author and the original source.
- Authors should not divide a holistic research into several publications in order to increase their number. Significant in terms of volume of work can, in agreement with the editors, be published in several issues of the journal.
- All co-authors of the manuscript warrant that they have made significant contributions to the research.
- The authors provide in the article comprehensive information about the sources of financial support for the study.
- Authors must adhere to the rules of paper design accepted in the journal.
- Authors must explicitly agree with the rules for preparing articles for publication, including peer review, scientific and literary editing, and bringing articles to editorial standards accepted within the journal.
- The authors must express their consent to the transfer to the journal of the right to publish and distribute the article in electronic and paper versions, including the placement of bibliographic information about the article in scientific citation bases, as well as the placement of the full text of the article in the Scientific Electronic Library (elibrary.ru) for free access to all Internet users, regardless of their category and location.
- If the authors find any inaccuracies in an already published article, then they are obliged to inform the members of the editorial board of the journal and jointly participate in correcting the publication.
The editor-in-chief and the editorial board of the journal undertake to follow the generally accepted norms of publishing ethics in relation to the authors of materials sent for publication:
- The decision to publish is made based on the results of assessing the reliability of the information presented in the article, scientific novelty and significance of the published research results. Gender identification, race, citizenship, social status, political views and other attributes of the authors not related to scientific activity cannot serve as a reason for refusal to publish.
- All materials submitted to the editorial board undergo one-sided blind review. Reviewers must be experts on the subject of the submitted research, they must guarantee an objective assessment of the articles, in particular, the absence of conflicts of interest, and clearly formulate their conclusions on the submitted materials, including an assessment of the possibility of their publication and recommendations for revision.
- The editorial board of the journal ensures the confidentiality of any information about the submitted articles until the moment of their publication. The knowledge gained in the process of editing and reviewing cannot be used for the purpose of obtaining personal gain before the publication of the article.
- The editorial board does not allow the publication of articles with signs of plagiarism. The presence of borrowing without reference to the source, unofficial citation and paraphrasing, assignment of rights to the results of other people's research are considered plagiarism and are sufficient grounds for rejection of the article.
- The editorial board takes measures to identify and prevent the publication of articles reflecting research in the course of which there were violations of the law; including, for this purpose, information about such offenses received from external sources is carefully considered.
- The editorial board of the journal has the right to withdraw an already published article and, if appropriate, return it to the authors for revision if the publication of the article entailed a violation of someone's rights or generally accepted norms of scientific ethics.
- The editors are ready to publish corrections, explanations, refutations and apologies related to previously published materials, including in case of receipt of relevant requests from the authors.
- The editorial board does not leave unanswered the authors' comments regarding both their published works and those accepted for publication.
- The editorial board of the journal adheres to the established terms of publication if the authors fulfill the necessary requirements for articles.
- The editorial board of the journal reserves the right, if necessary, to reject the article without giving reasons.
- The editor-in-chief may apply to the Association of Scientific Editors and Publishers (ASEP) to resolve ethical disputes between the editorial board and the authors of the articles.
- The editorial board of the journal is not responsible for any damage caused by the publication of the article.
For authors, the publication of articles is free.
Copyright for the publisher
To protect the rights and interests of both parties, the Research Computing Center of Lomonosov Moscow State University (RCC MSU), an exclusive license is required, which clearly defines our rights and special rights reserved by the authors. We ask each author to provide the RCC MSU with this exclusive license after the article has passed the reviewing stage and a decision has been made to publish the article in our journal.
Thus, RCC MSU agrees to publish the article and has the right to:
- publish, reproduce, distribute, display and store the article;
- to translate the article into other languages;
- use the article to create adaptations, reprints and create summaries, excerpts and / or abstracts;
- create any other derivative works based on the article;
- include electronic links from the article to third-party materials;
- license any third party to do any or all of the above;
- initiate legal proceedings on behalf of the copyright owner if the author(s) believes that a third party is infringing or may infringe the copyright of the article.
Authors are allowed to use their own articles for non-commercial purposes without obtaining permission from the Research Computing Center of Moscow State University. But for commercial use, we need to be aware of this.
The authors reserve the right to:
- post a PDF file with your article to fellow researchers for educational purposes only;
- make a reasonable number of copies for personal or non-commercial use;
- republish part or all of the article in a book or other publication edited by the author (with the exception of several articles in one book or publication);
- use illustrations and research data in their future works;
- use the article in course packages at the authors' institution (does not apply if a commercial fee is charged for the compilation or training program);
- use the work for further research and presentations at meetings;
- reuse the published manuscript in whole or in part in other works for non-commercial purposes, while the original publication in the journal of the RCC MSU should be marked by means of a note or reference in a format acceptable to the RCC MSU;
- to use your own materials in other publications, provided that the journal is indicated as the original place of publication and the journal of the RCC MSU "Numerical Methods and Programming" is notified in writing and in advance.
Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY)
All articles published by RCC MSU in the journal "Computational Methods and Programming" may be redistributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution License (CC-BY) 4.0..
Thus, anyone can copy, distribute and transmit the article, provided that the original article and source are cited correctly.
Long-term deep archiving and digital preservation policy
All issues of the journal "Computational Methods and Programming" are uploaded article by article to the scientific electronic library https://elibrary.ru and to the portal for searching scientific information on mathematics, physics, information technology and related sciences http://mathnet.ru.
Additionally printed obligatory copies of each issue are also transferred to the Russian Book Chamber (Legal Deposit).