Using the Sharp scheme of higher-order accuracy for solving some nonlinear hyperbolic systems of equations
Keywords:Cabaret method, Sharp scheme, hyperbolic equations, high-accuracy schemes
The Sharp difference scheme of higher-order accuracy developed previously for solving the scalar one-dimensional transport equation is extended to the shallow water nonlinear systems and to the systems of Euler equations using the balance-characteristic approach. For these systems, a number of test problems are solved to illustrate the features of the solutions obtained by the described difference scheme.
- A. G. Kulikovskii, N. V. Pogorelov, and A. Yu. Semenov, Mathematical Aspects of Numerical Solution of Hyperbolic Systems, (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2001; CRC Press, Boca Raton, 2001).
- V. M. Goloviznin, S. A. Karabasov, and I. M. Kobrinskii, “Balance-Characteristic Schemes with Separated Conservative and Flux Variables,” Mat. Model. 15 (9), 29-48 (2003).
- V. M. Goloviznin and B. N. Chetverushkin, “New Generation Algorithms for Computational Fluid Dynamics,” Zh. Vychisl. Mat. Mat. Fiz. 58 (8), 20-29 (2018) [Comput. Math. Math. Phys. 58 (8), 1217-1225 (2018)].
- V. M. Goloviznin, M. A. Zaitsev, S. A. Karabasov, and I. A. Korotkin, New CFD Algorithms for Multiprocessor Computer Systems (Mosk. Gos. Univ., Moscow, 2013) [in Russian].
- T. A. Eymann and P. L. Roe, “Active Flux Schemes for Systems,” in Proc. 20th AIAA Computational Fluid Dynamics Conference, Honolulu, Hawaii, USA, June 27-30, 2011. doi 10.2514/6.2011-3840
- A. V. Solovjev A.V. and A. V. Danilin, “A Higher-Order Difference Scheme of the Cabaret Class for Solving the Transport Equation,” Vychisl. Metody Programm. 19, 185-193 (2018).