Representation of algorithmic approaches in the AlgoWiki electronic encyclopedia
Keywords:AlgoWiki encyclopedia, information structure, problem, method, algorithm, implementation, parallelism, rating, architectural profile
AlgoWiki is an open encyclopedia of algorithms’ properties and features of their implementations on different hardware and software platforms. It can be used to achieve various aims, for example, to search for the optimal algorithm to solve a certain problem, to analyze the information structure of an application or to compare the efficiency of different implementations of an algorithm. This paper describes the emerging new features of the AlgoWiki encyclopedia aimed at creating a joint presentation of various algorithmic approaches to solve the same problem. This is the aim of the subject area description in the form of chains "problem-method-algorithm-implementation" supplemented by the possibility of generating ratings based on any algorithms of the encyclopedia as well as a mechanism of "architectural profiles".
- Moscow University Internet Resource for Numerical Analysis.
http://num-anal.srcc.msu.ru . Cited June 10, 2019.
- W. H. Press, S. A. Teukolsky, W. T. Vetterling, and B. P. Flannery, Numerical Recipes in C (Cambridge University Press, New York, 1992).
- R. Barrett, M. Berry, T. F. Chan, et al., Templates for the Solution of Linear Systems: Building Blocks for Iterative Methods (SIAM Press, Philadelphia, 1994).
- Wikipedia. List of algorithms. |
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_algorithms|. Cited June 10, 2019.
- Enabling AI in every Application.
http://algorithmia.com/. Cited June 10, 2019.
http://www.alglib.net . Cited June 10, 2019.
- A Library of Parallel Algorithms. |
https://www.cs.cmu.edu/ scandal/nesl/algorithms.html|. Cited June 10, 2019.
- Open Encyclopedia of Parallel Algorithmic Features.
https://algowiki-project.org . Cited June 10, 2019.
- Vl. V. Voevodin, A. S. Antonov, and J. Dongarra, “AlgoWiki: An Open Encyclopedia of Parallel Algorithmic Features,” Supercomput. Front. Innov. 2 (1), 4-18 (2015).
- A. Antonov, Vad. Voevodin, Vl. Voevodin, and A. Teplov, “A Study of the Dynamic Characteristics of Software Implementation as an Essential Part for a Universal Description of Algorithm Properties,” in Proc. 24th Euromicro Int. Conf. on Parallel, Distributed, and Network-Based Processing Proceedings, Heraklion, Greece, February 17-19, 2016 (IEEE Press, Piscataway, 2016), pp. 359-363.
- A. S. Antonov, A. V. Frolov, H. Kobayashi, et al., “Parallel Processing Model for Cholesky Decomposition Algorithm in AlgoWiki Project,” Supercomput. Front. Innov. 3 (3), 61-70.
- Vl. Voevodin, A. Antonov, and J. Dongarra, “Why is it Hard to Describe Properties of Algorithms?,” Procedia Comput. Sci. 101, 4-7 (2016).
- A. S. Antonov and N. I. Volkov, “An AlgoView Web-visualization System for the AlgoWiki Project,” in Communications in Computer and Information Science (Springer, Cham, 2017), Vol. 753, pp. 3-13.
- A. Antonov, A. Frolov, I. Konshin, and Vl. Voevodin, “Hierarchical Domain Representation in the AlgoWiki Encyclopedia: From Problems to Implementations,” in Communications in Computer and Information Science (Springer, Cham, 2018), Vol. 910, pp. 3-15.
- A. Popov, D. Nikitenko, A. Antonov, and Vl. Voevodin, “Formal Model of Problems, Methods, Algorithms and Implementations in the Advancing AlgoWiki Open Encyclopedia,” in Proc. 4th Ural Workshop on Parallel, Distributed, and Cloud Computing for Young Scientists, Yekaterinburg, Russia, November 15, 2018. CEUR Workshop Proc. Vol. 2281, 1-11 (2018).
- A. Antonov, J. Dongarra, and Vl. Voevodin, “AlgoWiki Project as an Extension of the Top500 Methodology,” Supercomput. Front. Innov. 5 (1), 4-10 (2018).
https://www.wikipedia.org . Cited June 10, 2019.
https://www.mediawiki.org . Cited June 10, 2019.
- FFTW Home Page.
http://www.fftw.org . Cited June 10, 2019.
- The Intel MKL Cluster FFT.
https://software.intel.com/node/521992 . Cited June 10, 2019.
- AccFFT. A New Parallel FFT Library.
http://accfft.org . Cited June 10, 2019.
- Top500 Supercomputer Sites.
https://www.top500.org . Cited June 10, 2019.
- High Performance Conjugate Gradients (HPCG) Benchmark.
http://www.hpcg-benchmark.org . Cited June 10, 2019.
- Graph 500.
https://graph500.org . Cited June 10, 2019.
- Vl. Voevodin, S. Zhumatii, S. Sobolev, et al., “Practice of Lomonosov Supercomputer,” Otkrytye Sistemy, No. 7, 36-39 (2012).
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2019 Вычислительные методы и программирование
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.