Spatial differential analysis of the intensity distribution for a collimated wave beam
Keywords:intensity profile of wave beam, structure tensor of image, structure consistency, energy capacity of structure, spectrum of local orientations
A method for the comparative analysis of intensity distribution profiles is proposed on the basis of the image structure tensor. The parameter set of the local tensor array introduced for each pixel of the recorded image is used to determine the spectrum of local orientations, the energy intensity profile of the image, and the coherency of its structure. The proposed method is important for the discrete analysis of space-time structures of wave beams transmitted through the regions of localized or distributed refractive noises.
- E. A. Babanin, N. A. Suhareva, O. M. Vokhnik, et al., “Positional Characteristics of Generalized Decentered Elliptical Gaussian Beams Propagating through Extended Atmospheric Paths,” in Proc. Int. Conf. Days on Diffraction (DD), St. Petersburg, Russia, June 19-23, 2017 (IEEE Press, New York, 2017), pp. 24-30.
- E. A. Babanin, A. V. Blank, A. A. Nasonov, and N. A. Suhareva, “Profile Management of Astigmatic Energy-Carrying Collimated Beam,” Proc. SPIE 11208 (2019).
- V. G. Volostnikov, The Methods of Analysis and Synthesis of Coherent Light Fields (Fizmatlit, Moscow, 2014) [in Russian].
- V. G. Volostnikov, “Modern Optics of Gaussian Beams,” Usp. Fiz. Nauk 182 (4), 442-450 (2012) [Phys. Usp. 55 (4), 412-420 (2012)].
- B. J854hne, Digital Image Processing (Springer, Berlin, 2005).
- G. H. Granlund, “In Search of a General Picture Processing Operator,” Comput. Graphics Image Process. 8 (2), 155-173 (1978).
- R. R. Riesz, “Differential Intensity Sensitivity of the Ear for Pure Tones,” Phys. Rev. 31, 867-875 (1928).
- C. Park, W. Bridewell, and P. Langley, “Integrated Systems for Inducing Spatio-Temporal Process Models,” in Proc. Twenty-Fourth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Atlanta, USA, July 11-15, 2010 (AAAI Press, Palo Alto, 2010), pp. 1555-1560.
How to Cite
Бланк А., Сухарева Н. Spatial Differential Analysis of the Intensity Distribution for a Collimated Wave Beam // Numerical Methods and Programming (Vychislitel’nye Metody i Programmirovanie). 2020. 21. 13-26. doi 10.26089/NumMet.v21r102
Section 1. Numerical methods and applications