Ontological analysis of the subject area of the Algo500 digital platform
Keywords:ontological analysis, Algo500, AlgoWiki, CompZoo, PerfData, problem, method, algorithm, implementation, supercomputer, rating, supercomputer experiment
The Algo500 digital platform project is aimed at solving the problem of joint analysis of the properties of algorithms and features of supercomputer architectures. In this paper, based on the methodology of ontological analysis, concepts, models and metamodels of data are considered and proposed, approaches to the description of some concepts from the world of high-performance computing (HPC) are substantiated, new requirements for data models are established, which should ensure the fulfillment of the tasks set when creating the Algo500 platform.
- A. S. Antonov, D. A. Nikitenko, and Vl. V. Voevodin, “Algo500 -- A New Approach to the Joint Analysis of Algorithms and Computers,” Lobachevskii J. Math. 41 (8), 1435-1443 (2020).
- A. Antonov, A. Frolov, I. Konshin, and Vl. Voevodin, “Hierarchical Domain Representation in the AlgoWiki Encyclopedia: From Problems to Implementations,” in Communications in Computer and Information Science (Springer, Cham, 2018), Vol. 910, pp. 3-15.
- Open Encyclopedia of Algorithmic Features.
https://algowiki-project.org . Cited February 15, 2023.
- Vl. V. Voevodin, “An Open AlgoWiki Encyclopedia of Algorithmic Features: From Mobile to Extreme Scale,” Numerical Methods and Programming (Vychislitel’nye Metody i Programmirovanie) 16 (1), 99-111 (2015).
- Vl. V. Voevodin, A. S. Antonov, and J. Dongarra, “AlgoWiki: an Open Encyclopedia of Parallel Algorithmic Features,” Supercomput. Front. Innov. 2 (1), 4-18 (2015).
- A. Popov, D. Nikitenko, A. Antonov, and Vl. Voevodin, “Formal Model of Problems, Methods, Algorithms and Implementations in the Advancing AlgoWiki Open Encyclopedia,” CEUR Workshop Proc. 2281, 1-11 (2018).
https://ceur-ws.org/Vol-2281/paper-01.pdf . Cited February 15, 2023.
- A. S. Antonov and R. V. Maier, “A New Representation of Algorithmic Approaches in the AlgoWiki Encyclopedia,” Lobachevskii J. Math. 42 (7), 1483-1491 (2021).
- D. Nikitenko, A. Antonov, A. Zheltkov, and Vl. Voevodin, “Describing HPC System Architecture for Understanding Its Capabilities,” in Communications in Computer and Information Science (Springer, Cham, 2020), Vol. 1331, pp. 425-435.
- A. A. Zheltkov, “Development of Methods for Constructing Ratings of Computing Systems Based on Implementations of Various Algorithms,” in Proc. Int. Conf. on Russian Supercomputing Days, Moscow, Russia, September 23-24, 2019 (MAKS Press, Moscow, 2019), pp. 192-199.
- A. S. Antonov and R. V. Maier, “Development and Implementation of the Algo500 Scalable Digital Platform Architecture,” Lobachevskii J. Math. 43 (4), 837-847 (2022).
- Home | TOP500.
https://www.top500.org . Cited February 15, 2023.
- Graph 500 | large-scale benchmarks.
https://graph500.org . Cited February 15, 2023.
- HPCG - June 2022 | Top500.
https://www.top500.org/lists/hpcg/2022/06/. Cited February 15, 2022.
- Green500 - June 2022 | Top500.
https://www.top500.org/lists/green500/2022/06/. Cited February 15, 2023.
- A. S. Antonov, J. Dongarra, and Vl. Voevodin, “Algowiki Project as an Extension of the Top500 Methodology,” Supercomput. Front. Innov. 5 (1), 4-10 (2018).
- A. Antonov, “Wiki Representation and Analysis of Knowledge About Algorithms,” in Lecture Notes in Computer Science (Springer, Cham, 2022), Vol. 13708, pp. 604-616.
- A. Antonov, Vad. Voevodin, Vl. Voevodin, and A. Teplov, “A Study of the Dynamic Characteristics of Software Implementation as an Essential Part for a Universal Description of Algorithm Properties,” in Proc. 24th Euromicro Int. Conf. on Parallel, Distributed, and Network-Based Processing, Heraclion, Greece, February 17-19, 2016 (IEEE Press, New York, 2016), pp. 359-363.
- N. M. Borgest, “Scientific Basis for the Ontology of Designing,” Ontology of Designing, No. 1, 7-25 (2013).
https://www.ontology-of-designing.ru/article/2013_1(7)/Ontology_of_Designing_1_2013.pdf . Cited February 16, 2023.
- G. Guizzardi, Ontological Foundations for Structural Conceptual Models (University of Twente, Enschede, 2005).
https://ris.utwente.nl/ws/portalfiles/portal/6042428/thesis_Guizzardi.pdf . Cited February 16, 2023.
- E. K. Voishvillo and M. G. Degtyarev, Logic (VLADOS-PRESS, Moscow, 2001) [in Russian].
- A. M. Anisov, Modern Logic (Inst. of Philosophy, Moscow, 2002) [in Russian].
- V. A. Bocharov and V. I. Markin, Fundamentals of Logic (INFRA-M, Moscow, 1998) [in Russian].
- A. L. Subbotin, Classification (Inst. of Philosophy, Moscow, 2001) [in Russian].
- GOST R ISO 22274-2016.Systems to manage terminology, knowledge and content. Concept-related aspects for developing and internationalizing classification systems. (Standartinform Publ., Moscow, 2017) [in Russian].
- Top50 | Supercomputers.
http://top50.supercomputers.ru/list . Cited February 16, 2023.
- F. I. Peregudov and F. P. Tarasenko, “Introduction to Systems Analysis,” (Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow, 1989) [in Russian].
- F. P. Tarasenko, “Applied Systems Analysis (The Science and Art of Problem Solving): Textbook,” (Tomsk State University Press, Tomsk, 2004) [in Russian].
- A. S. Antonov, I. V. Afanasyev, and Vl. V. Voevodin, “High-Performance Computing Platforms: Current Status and Development Trends,” Numerical Methods and Programming (Vychislitel’nye Metody i Programmirovanie). 22 (2), 138-181 (2021).
- Vl. V. Voevodin, A. S. Antonov, D. A. Nikitenko, et al., “Supercomputer Lomonosov-2: Large Scale, Deep Monitoring and Fine Analytics for the User Community,” Supercomput. Front. Innov. 6 (2), 4-11 (2019).
- PARALLEL.RU. Superkomp’yuterny’j kompleks MGU,
- About Fugaku | RIKEN Center for Computational Science RIKEN Website.
https://www.r-ccs.riken.jp/en/fugaku/about/. Cited February 16, 2023.
- Frontier User Guide - OLCF User Documentation.
https://docs.olcf.ornl.gov/systems/frontier_user_guide.html#system-overview . Cited February 16, 2023.
- System Architecture - TACC Frontera User Guide.
https://frontera-portal.tacc.utexas.edu/user-guide/system/. Cited February 16, 2023.
- Russian Federation. The Federal Law of the Russian Federation N 162-FZ of July 29, 2015: , “About Standardization in the Russian Federation’’(Collection of Legislation of the Russian Federation, 2015, No. 27, Article 3953) [in Russian].
- GOST 80000-13-2016. State system for ensuring the uniformity of measurements. Quantities and units. Part 13. Information science and technology. (Standartinform, Moscow, 2017) [in Russian].
- GOST 8.417-2002. State system for ensuring the uniformity of measurements. Units of quantities. (Standartinform, Moscow, 2019) [in Russian].
- International vocabulary of metrology: basic and general concepts and associated terms (VIM). Joint Committee for Guides in Metrology (JCGM/WG 2). (NPO Professional, St. Petersburg, 2010) [in Russian].
- RMG 29-2013. State system for ensuring the uniformity of measurements. Metrology. Basic terms and definitions. (Standartinform, Moscow, 2014) [in Russian].
- V. V. Voevodin and Vl. V. Voevodin, Parallel Computing (BHV-Petersburg, St. Petersburg, 2002) [in Russian].
- RMG 83-2007. State system for ensuring the uniformity of measurements. Scales of measurements. Terms and definitions. (Standartinform, Moscow, 2008) [in Russian].
- A. G. Podvesovskii, D. A. Korostelyov, E. A. Lupachev, and N. V. Belyakov, “Building a Repository of Generalized Computational Experiments Based on the Ontological Approach,” Ontology of Designing 12 (1), 41-56 (2022).
- HDF5 File Format Specification Version 2.0.
- V. V. Nalimov and N. A. Chernova, Statistical Methods for Planning Extreme Experiments (Nauka, Moscow, 1965) [in Russian].
- V. V. Nalimov, Theory of Experiment (Nauka, Moscow, 1971) [in Russian].
How to Cite
Антонов А.С., Майер Р.В. Ontological Analysis of the Subject Area of the Algo500 Digital Platform // Numerical Methods and Programming (Vychislitel’nye Metody i Programmirovanie). 2023. 24. 89-114. doi 10.26089/NumMet.v24r107
Parallel software tools and technologies
Copyright (c) 2023 А. С. Антонов, Р. В. Майер
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.