A method of numerical simulation of flow separation at the inlet of a circular thin-walled pipe
Keywords:discrete vortex method, separated flows, flows in suction channels, local exhaust ventilation
A mathematical simulation method, a computational algorithm and a software program are developed to calculate a separated flow at the inlet of a circular thin-walled pipe in the case of a high-speed or low-speed incident flow. In order to construct a discrete model, the stationary discrete vortex rings are used. The adequacy of the proposed method is confirmed by the satisfactory qualitative and quantitative agreement with the numerical results obtained by other authors.
- A. K. Gil’fanov and Sh. Kh. Zaripov, Mathematical Models of Aerosols Aspiration to Thin-Walled Samplers (Kazan Univ., Kazan, 2012) [in Russian].
- A. K. Gil’fanov, Sh. Kh. Zaripov, and D. V. Maklakov, “Calculation of Particle Concentration in the Problem of Aerosol Aspiration into a Thin-Walled Tube,” Izv. Akad. Nauk, Mekh. Zhidk. Gaza, No. 6, 89-99 (2009) [Fluid Dyn. 44 (6), 873-881 (2009)].
- K. I. Logachev and V. N. Posokhin, “Calculation of a Flow in the Vicinity of a Round Suction Pipe,” Izv. Vyssh. Uchebn. Zaved., Aviats. Tekh., No. 1, 29-32 (2004).
- I. V. Khodakov, “Numerical and Experimental Research of Detached Flow at the Inlet in the Suction Duct with Mechanical Screens,” Vestn. Belgorod Gos. Tekh. Univ., No. 3, 6-12 (2016).
- I. V. Khodakov, “Modeling of Detached Flow at the Entry Polygonal Suction Hole,” Vestn. Belgorod Gos. Tekh. Univ., No. 2, 11-15 (2016).
- O. A. Averkova, I. N. Logachev, and K. I. Logachev, “Modeling of Flow Separation at the Inlet of a Suction Channel in Regions with Cuts,” Vychisl. Metody Programm. 13, 298-306 (2012).
- O. A. Averkova, I. N. Logachev, K. I. Logachev, and A. K. Logachev, “The Principles of Separated Flow at the Inlet of the Protruding Duct with Screens,” Uchen. Zap. TsAGI 44 (2), 33-49 (2013) [TsAGI Sci. J. 44 (2), 219-243 (2013)].
- M. Abramowitz and I. A. Stegun (Eds.), Handbook of Mathematical Functions (Dover, New York, 1972; Nauka, Moscow, 1979).
- E. V. Varsegova and V. N. Posokhin, “A Form of Separated Flow on an Entrance to Suction Slot-Hole Branch Pipe,” Izv. Kazan Univ. of Architecture and Engineering, No. 3, 98-102 (2015).