Multiparameter optimization of operating control by the trust vector based on the jet injection into the supersonic part of a nozzle
Keywords:optimization, numerical simulation, engine, thrust vector control, nozzle, jet, injection
The processes accompanying the supersonic jet injection into the divergent part of a nozzle are considered for the creation of control forces in rocket engines. An approach to the multiparameter optimization of the nozzle’s geometric shape and the parameters of jet injection into the supersonic flow based on the application of a numerical model of the turbulent flow of a viscous compressible gas is proposed. The optimization parameters include the pressure ratio in the injection flow and nozzle flow, the angle of inclination of the nozzle to the axis of the main nozzle, the distance from the injection nozzle to the critical section of the main nozzle, and the shape of the injection nozzle outlet section. The numerical results obtained for various configurations of the trust control system are compared. A number of conclusions concerning the effect of input parameters on the trust coefficient are made.
- R. V. Antonov, V. I. Grebenkin, N. P. Kuznetsov, et al., Thrust Vector Control of Solid-Propellant Rockets: Calculation, Design features, and Experiment (Research Center ’Regular and Chaotic Dynamics’, Izhevsk, 2006) [in Russian].
- A. Kamran and L. Guozhu, “An Integrated Approach for Optimization of Solid Rocket Motor,” Aerosp. Sci. Technol. 17 (1), 50-64 (2012).
- M. Anderson, J. Burkhalter, and R. Jenkins, “Multi-Disciplinary Intelligent Systems Approach to Solid Rocket Motor Design. Part II: Multiple Goal Optimization,” AIAA Paper 2001-3600 (2001).
- M. Yumuşak and S. Eyi, “Design Optimization of Rocket Nozzles in Chemically Reacting Flows,” Comput. Fluids 65, 25-34 (2012).
- M. Yumuşak, “Analysis and Design Optimization of Solid Rocket Motors in Viscous Flows,” Comput. Fluids 75, 22-34 (2013).
- X. Zhao, S. Bayyuk, and S. Zhang, “Aeroelastic Response of Rocket Nozzles to Asymmetric Thrust Loading,” Comput. Fluids 76, 128-148 (2013).
- T. Inoyue and H. B. Nottage, “Experiments on Rocket Thrust Vector Control by Hot Gas Injection,” J. Spacecr. Rockets 3 (5), 737-739 (1966).
- F. W. Spaid and E. E. Zukoski, “A Study of the Interaction of Gaseous Jets from Transverse Slots with Supersonic External Flows,” AIAA J. 6 (2), 205-212 (1968).
- S. Aso, K. Inoue, K. Yamaguchi, and Y. Tani, “A Study on Supersonic Mixing by Circular Nozzle with Various Injection Angles for Air Breathing Engine,” Acta Astronaut. 65 (5-6), 687-695 (2009).
- R. Srinivasan and R. D. W. Bowersox, “Transverse Injection Through Diamond and Circular Ports into a Mach 5.0 Freestream,” AIAA J. 46 (8), 1944-1962 (2008).
- K. Kobayashi, R. D. W. Bowersox, R. Srinivasan, et al., “Experimental and Numerical Studies of Diamond-Shaped Injector in a Supersonic Flow,” J. Propul. Power 26 (2), 373-376 (2010).
- S. Tomioka, T. Kohchi, R. Masumoto, et al., “Supersonic Combustion with Supersonic Injection through Diamond-Shaped Orifices,” J. Propul. Power 27 (6), 1196-1203 (2011).
- W. Huang, J. Liu, L. Jin, and L. Yan, “Molecular Weight and Injector Configuration Effects on the Transverse Injection Flow Field Properties in Supersonic Flows,” Aerosp. Sci. Technol. 32 (1), 94-102 (2014).
- W. Huang, W.-D. Liu, S.-B. Li, et al., “Influences of the Turbulence Model and the Slot Width on the Transverse Slot Injection Flow Field in Supersonic Flows,” Acta Astronaut. 73, 1-9 (2012).
- J. John, S. Shyam, A. Kumar, et al., “Numerical Studies on Thrust Vectoring Using Shock Induced Supersonic Secondary Jet,” Int. J. Mechan. Aerosp. Indust. Mechatron. Eng. 7 (8), 645-651 (2013).
- W. Huang W., Z.-G. Wang, J.-P. Wu, and S.-B. Li, “Numerical Prediction on the Interaction between the Incident Shock Wave and the Transverse Slot Injection in Supersonic Flows,” Aerosp. Sci. Technol. 28 (1), 91-99 (2013).
- N. N. Fedorova, I. A. Fedorchenko, and A. V. Fedorov, “Mathematical Modeling of Jet Interaction with a High-Enthalpy Flow in an Expanding Channel,” Zh. Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz. 54 (2), 32-45 (2013) [J. Appl. Mech. Tech. Phys. 54 (2), 195-206 (2013)].
- K. N. Volkov, V. N. Emel’yanov, and M. S. Yakovchuk, “Numerical Simulation of the Interaction of a Transverse Jet with a Supersonic Flow Using Different Turbulence Models,” Zh. Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz. 56 (5), 64-75 (2015) [J. Appl. Mech. Tech. Phys. 56 (5), 789-798 (2015)].
- K. N. Volkov, V. N. Emelyanov, and M. S. Yakovchuk, “Transverse Injection of a Jet from the Surface of a Flat Plate into the Supersonic Flow Over It,” Inzh. Fiz. Zh. 90 (6), 1512-1517 (2017) [J. Eng. Phys. Thermophys. 90 (6), 1439-1444 (2017)].
- V. Emelyanov, K. Volkov, and M. Yakovchuck, “Transverse Jet Injection into a Supersonic Nozzle Flow,” in Proc. 30th Int. Symposium on Shock Waves, Tel Aviv, Israel, July 19-24, 2015 (Spinger, Cham, 2017), Vol. 1, pp. 77-82.
- K. N. Volkov, V. N. Emelyanov, and M. S. Yakovchuk, “Simulation of the Transverse Injection of a Pulsed Jet from the Surface of a Flat Plate into Supersonic Flow,” Zh. Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz. 58 (6), 114-125 (2017).
- D. Cecere, E. Giacomazzi, and A. Ingenito, “A Review on Hydrogen Industrial Aerospace Applications,” Int. J. Hydrogen Energy 39 (20), 10731-10747 (2014).
- L. Yan, W. Huang, T.-T. Zhang, et al., “Numerical Investigation of the Nonreacting and Reacting Flow Fields in a Transverse Gaseous Injection Channel with Different Species,” Acta Astronaut. 105 (1), 17-23 (2014).
- Yu. A. Zelenkov, “A Method of Multiobjective Optimization on the Basis of Approximate Models for an Optimized Object,” Vychisl. Metody Programm. 11, 250-260 (2010).
- K. N. Volkov, “Solving the Coupled Thermal Problems and the Thermal Load Transfer between a Fluid and a Solid Body,” Vychisl. Metody Programm. 8, 265-274 (2007).
- P. V. Bulat, K. N. Volkov, and M. S. Yakovchuck, “Flow Visualization with Strong and Weak Gas Dynamic Discontinuities in Computational Fluid Dynamics,” Vychisl. Metody Programm. 17, 245-257 (2016).