Correlation of errors in optical coating production with broad band monitoring
Keywords:inverse problems, optical coating technology, optical monitoring, computer simulation
We propose a robust estimate that can be used for the prediction of the expected strength of thickness errors correlation in the case of optical coating production with the direct broad band monitoring of a deposition process. A practical application of this estimate requires statistical analysis. We introduce a computationally efficient simulator of thickness errors that have a random character and are able to adequately represent the correlation of thickness errors by a monitoring procedure. It is shown that the expected strength of thickness errors correlation is estimated by the random value whose distribution is close to the log-normal distribution and that the two main parameters of the log-normal probability density function can be used as the parameters characterizing the investigated effect.
- A. Tikhonravov, I. Kochikov, and A. Yagola, “Mathematical Investigation of the Error Self-Compensation Mechanism in Optical Coating Technology,” Inverse Probl. Sci. En. 26 (8), 1214-1229 (2018).
- A. V. Tikhonravov, M. K. Trubetskov, and T. V. Amotchkina, “Optical Monitoring Strategies for Optical Coating Manufacturing,” in Optical Thin Films and Coatings (Woodhead, Cambridge, 2013), pp. 62-93.
- A. V. Tikhonravov and M. K. Trubetskov, “Online Characterization and Re-optimization of Optical Coatings,” Proc. SPIE 5250, 406-413 (2004).
- D. Ristau, H. Ehlers, S. Schlichting, and M. Lappschies, “State of the Art in Deterministic Production of Optical Thin Films,” Proc. SPIE 7101 (2008). doi 10.1117/12.797264
- S. Wilbrandt, O. Stenzel, N. Kaiser, M. K. Trubetskov, and A. V. Tikhonravov, “In Situ Optical Characterization and Reengineering of Interference Coatings,” Appl. Opt. 47 (13), 49-54 (2008).
- T. V. Amotchkina, M. K. Trubetskov, V. Pervak, et al., “Comparison of Algorithms Used for Optical Characterization of Multilayer Optical Coatings,” Appl. Opt. 50 (20), 3389-3395.
- A. V. Tikhonravov, M. K. Trubetskov, and T. V. Amotchkina, “Investigation of the Effect of Accumulation of Thickness Errors in Optical Coating Production Using Broadband Optical Monitoring,” Appl. Opt. 45, 7026-7034 (2006).
- V. Zhupanov, I. Kozlov, V. Fedoseev, et al., “Production of Brewster-Angle Thin Film Polarizers Using ZrO_2/SiO_2 Pair of Materials,” Appl. Opt. 56 (4), C30-C34 (2017).
- Sh. A. Furman and A. V. Tikhonravov, Basics of Optics of Multilayer Systems (Gif-sur-Yvette Cedex, Frontiéres, 1992).
http://www.optilayer.com . Cited October 15, 2018.
- A. V. Tikhonravov and M. K. Trubetskov, “Modern Design Tools and a New Paradigm in Optical Coating Design,” Appl. Opt. 51 (30), 7319-7332 (2012).
- O. Stenzel, S. Wilbrandt, N. Kaiser, and D. Fasold, “Development of a Hybrid Monitoring Strategy to the Deposition of Chirped Mirrors by Plasma-Ion Assisted Electron Evaporation,” Proc. SPIE 7101 (2008). doi: 10.1117/12.799711
- H. Ehlers, S. Schlichting, C. Schmitz, and D. Ristau, “From Independent Thickness Monitoring to Adaptive Manufacturing: Advanced Deposition Control of Complex Optical Coatings,” Proc. SPIE 8168 (2011). doi: 10.1117/12.898598
- A. V. Tikhonravov and M. K. Trubetskov, “Computational Manufacturing as a Bridge between Design and Production,” Appl. Opt. 44 (32), 6877-6884 (2005).
- K. Friedrich, S. Wilbrandt, O. Stenzel, et al., “Computational Manufacturing of Optical Interference Coatings: Method, Simulation Results, and Comparison with Experiment,” Appl. Opt. 49 (16), 3150-3162 (2010).
- A. V. Tikhonravov, I. V. Kochikov, and A. G. Yagola, “Investigation of the Error Self-compensation Effect Associated with Direct Broad Band Monitoring of Coating Production,” Opt. Express 26 (19), 24964-24972 (2018).