The Mobile Linpack: initial experience of the performance ranking for portable devices.
Keywords:portable device performance analysis, mobile platform benchmark, mobile device performance, Android, iOS, mobile market share
Contemporary computing is strongly associated with parallelism. From personal tablets and phones and up to the top supercomputers, the scales and approaches differ, but the idea of work distribution is present everywhere. A study of portable platforms parallel computing capabilities was started at the Research Computing Center of Lomonosov Moscow State University several years ago, in 2014. There were Android and iOS implementations of popular benchmark developed. Four years of the test availability for regular users turned into almost 20 thousand of test results. This paper addresses the investigation of facts and trends, mined out of this data, proving the reasons for the further Mobile Linpack development.
- J. J. Dongarra, P. Luszczek, and A. Petitet, “The LINPACK Benchmark: Past, Present and Future,” Concurrency Computat.: Pract. Exper. 15 (9), 803-820 (2003).
- The Top500 List of the World’s Most Powerful Supercomputers.
https://www.top500.org/. Cited October 31, 2018.
- The Top50 List of Supercomputers in the Russian Federation.
http://top50.supercomputers.ru/?page=rating . Cited October 31, 2018.
- The Irish Supercomputer List.
http://www.irishsupercomputerlist.org . Cited October 31, 2018.
- Top Supercomputers - India.
http://topsc.cdacb.in . Cited October 31, 2018.
- The Mobile Linpack Official Website.
http://linpack.hpc.msu.ru/. Cited October 31, 2018.
- The Mobile Linpack Results Table.
http://linpack.hpc.msu.ru/index.php . Cited October 31, 2018.
How to Cite
Ячник О., Никитенко Д., Соболев С. The Mobile Linpack: Initial Experience of the Performance Ranking for Portable Devices. // Numerical Methods and Programming (Vychislitel’nye Metody i Programmirovanie). 2018. 19. 464-469. doi 10.26089/NumMet.v19r441
Section 1. Numerical methods and applications