A method for the coupled solution of the filtration problem and the system of elasticity equations
Keywords:geomechanic, filtration, finite element method, finite volume method, method of splitting with respect to physical processes, coupled solution
A method for the coupled solution of the vicious compressible fluid filtration problem in a porous medium and the system of elasticity equations in the case of small strains is proposed. The proposed method uses a combined algorithm based on splitting the original problem with respect to physical processes. The algorithm allows one to overcome a number of disadvantages of well-known approaches. The numerical results confirm the efficiency of the proposed method for practice.
- J. T. Fredrich, J. F. Holland, A. F. Fossum, and M. S. Bruno, “One-Way Coupled Reservoirgeomechanical Modeling of the Lost Hills Oil Field, California,” in Proc. 38th U.S. Rock Mechanics Symposium, Washington, D.C., July 7-10, 2001 (Balkema Publ., Rotterdam, 2001), pp. 181-188.
- A. Settari and F. M. Mourits, “A Coupled Reservoir and Geomechanical Simulation System,” SPE J. 3 (3), 219-226 (1998).
- A. Shaybakov, D. Korneva, K. Bogachev, et al., “Geological and Hydrodynamical Simulation with Formation Mechanical Properties Taken into Account,” in Proc. SPE Russian Technology Conf., Moscow, Russia, October 26-28, 2015 , Conference Report No. 176634.
- T. Stone, G. Bowen, P. Papanastasiou, and J. Fuller, “Fully Coupled Geomechanics in a Commercial Reservoir Simulator,” in Proc. SPE European Petroleum Conference, Paris, France, October 24-25, 2000 ,
- G. I. Marchuk, Methods of Numerical Mathematics (Nauka, Moscow, 1977; Springer, New York, 1982).
- K. Aziz and A. Settari, Petroleum Reservoir Simulation (Appl. Sci. Publ., London, 1979).
- Z. Chen, G. Huan, and Y. Ma, Computational Methods for Multiphase Flows in Porous Media (SIAM Press, Philadelphia, 2006).
- K. Yu. Bogachev and N. S. Melnichenko, “Spatial Approximation by the Subgrid Method in the Filtration Problem for a Viscous Compressible Fluid in a Porous Medium,” Vychisl. Metody Programm. 9, 191-199 (2008).
- L. I. Sedov, Mechanics of Continuous Media (Nauka, Moscow, 1970; World Scientific, River Edge, 1997),
- M. A. Biot, “General Theory of Three-Dimensional Consolidation,” J. Appl. Phys. 12 (2), 155-164 (1941).
- V. V. Belousov, Structural Geology (Mosk. Gos. Univ., Moscow, 1986) [in Russian].
How to Cite
Copyright (c) 2017 Вычислительные методы и программирование
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.